The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of.
Here's how an Accountant for our BC Region office contributes to our team:
- Performs general accounting and administrative functions to meet contractual requirements for operational and basic accounting.
- Completes all financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participates in monthly forecast review meetings.
- Provides project teams with ad hoc reports and analysis as the need arises.
- Assists with the assembly of information for internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Assembles client billings packages in accordance with contract terms and conditions and ensures timely payment.
- Prepares bank deposits, monthly reconciliations, and cash receipt entries.
- Identifies any irregularities or risk exposure and supports the development of a strategy to address them.
- ensures that all required documentation, including insurance, bonding, SDI, workers compensation, statutory declarations, and lien waivers is in place.
- Interprets trade partner documentation for accounting-related items and following established accounting procedures.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in a related discipline.
- Active pursuit of accounting designation considered an asset.
- 2 years of accounting experience in construction or a related industry preferred.
- Understanding of full-cycle accounting and project forecasting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of government legislation and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Intermediate understanding of lien rights.
- Basic exposure to bid and contract securities and insurance as they relate to risk management, claims management, pricing, and accounting.
- Basic understanding of subcontract PO terms including insurance and subcontractor default insurance (SDI) and bonding requirements.
- Exposure to owner contracts as they relate to payment terms, billing requirements, audit rights, and cost-of-work definition.
- Ability to act with the required discretion when handling confidential information.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and experience with accounting software.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. Any salary range displayed by a job board is an estimate. Your salary, which considers your unique qualifications and experience, is just one component of the robust total rewards you'll enjoy at PCL. This may include an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching, and career development programs.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
Employee Status: Regular Full-Time
Company: PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc.
Primary Location: Richmond, British Columbia