Director, Commercial Management Operations
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Our Operations Commercial Management Office is seeking a Director, Commercial Management (Operations) to lead the development and implementation of Commercial Management strategies for the business unit and plan supported by the development of policies, systems and practices to achieve optimal return on investment.
What will I be doing?
- Directs and leads the commercial management team, throughout the lifecycle of 3rd party suppliers, including business needs/requirements, supply strategies, procurement approaches and supplier selection, contracting/project, onboarding, core vendor management functions, and offboarding/transition requirements. In doing so, ensures there are effective and efficient policies, procedures and best practices in place to establish and maintain that function.
- Leads the development and implementation of appropriate commercial management plans and strategies.
- Communicates expectations and obligations to Senior Executives and managers, and monitors and reports on performance
- Administers all operational contract costs to ensure proper monitoring, control and review against approved budgets and ensures that financial status is accurately reported by the project teams, including adherence to guidelines from sponsoring government bodies.
- Manages regular commercial project reviews including project performance, contractual issues, risks, mitigation strategies and lessons learned; oversees the Commercial performance of all work undertaken by Vendors.
- Works collaboratively with senior officials and staff to develop collaborative approaches in defining requirements, addressing operational policy/project planning issues. Participates in senior management team meetings, presentations, committees, and delegates representation to other operating committee.
- Leads the resolution of issues of corporate significance, as required to recover or protect Metrolinx’s commercial reputation, and ensure value for money and sound commercial decision-making.
- Directs a team of commercial professionals and empowers direct reports to achieve performance objectives and manage teams.
What skills & qualifications do I need?
- Completion of a degree in Business Administration, Business Commerce, Engineering or a related discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent; Graduate level degree is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in a 3rd party supplier management environment with experience and measured success in the application of commercial management in the context of multi-million-dollar contracts/projects. Experience in the transportation industry and public sector is an asset.
- Progressive Vendor Management, Project Management, Procurement, 3rd Party Risk experience, education, training and/or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license is required to travel to various project locations, public meetings, etc. Must meet and maintain the corporate standard for a good driving record.
Don’t Meet Every Requirement?
If you’re excited about working with Metrolinx but your past experience doesn’t quite align with every qualification of this posting, we encourage you to apply. You just might be the right candidate for this or other roles. We are always looking for great talent to join our team.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, women, people with disabilities, and people with diverse gender identities, expressions and sexual orientations.
We value the unique skills and experiences each person brings to Metrolinx and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. We are committed to the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act so if you require accommodation during the hiring process, please let our Recruitment team know by contacting us at: 416-202-5601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate.
Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WE ARE AN EQUITABLE AND INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER.