Director, Low Carbon Transportation
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $150,700.00 annually
Salary Max: $177,200.00 annually
Short-term Incentive Eligible: Yes
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: February 18, 2024
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re an inspiring business leader who’s ready to realize the future of the transportation industry and enable the adoption of low-carbon fuels. You understand the complex dynamics between business development and government relations and leverage your boundless industry knowledge, effortless communication skills, and sharp business acumen to achieve the growth necessary to lead our clean energy transformation. Your unique experience and expertise will help you to shine in our Director, Low Carbon Transportation role.
In this position, you’ll be responsible for driving business development, customer growth, and investment growth in the supply of renewable and low-carbon fuel and fueling infrastructure to the medium- and heavy-duty fleet transportation markets in British Columbia.
In this role, you will:
- Lead business development, market penetration, and growth in providing low-carbon fuel and fueling infrastructure to the medium- and heavy-duty fleet transportation sectors.
- Collaborate with the Government Relations department to lobby the government and other regulators to implement policies and standards to support the adoption of emerging low-carbon fuels.
- Drive growth in customer attraction and retention in the low-carbon transportation sectors.
What it takes:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or engineering from a recognized program, 15 years of experience in a senior strategic business development position, or equivalent experience in the energy or transportation sectors.
- Proven success in business development, customer growth, and investment growth in renewable and low-carbon fuels and fueling infrastructure for the transportation industry.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to foster relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to build and foster relationships.
- Confident negotiation skills with the proven ability to execute customer agreements and implement strategies.
- Excellent collaboration skills with a detail-oriented mindset to partner with industry and government agencies on the development of new policies and technical standards to grow the portfolio of accepted low-carbon fuels.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.