As Director of Preconstruction, you will manage the preconstruction activities for a division by overseeing the pursuit, estimating, design development and client relations between the bid and initial phase of construction. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and diverse team building innovative infrastructure projects.
What You Will Be Doing
- Oversees project pursuit efforts by working closely with proposal manager, lead estimator, business development manager and project sponsor.
- Works with Business Development team to identify opportunities, recommends partnerships for Company pursuit, and coordinates partnership teams to submit proposals within prescribed budgets and timelines.
- Develops and monitors pursuit timeline and deliverables, attends all schedule and proposal meetings to ensure submission will include all necessary data and documentation.
- Reviews design schedule and construction plans to identify cost savings opportunities within the contract specifications by adjusting quantities, estimate materials or alternative construction methods.
- Works with design managers to develop the best possible technical solution.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Develops project specific client management strategy. Manages client expectations and communication based on contract specifications and needs of the Owner.
- Works closely with engineers and estimators to develop the budget and secure the final bid price for the pursuit.
- Supports the project hand-off between the bid and construction teams to ensure proper execution of construction plans and client expectations. Supports project management team with client relations during the initial phases of project construction, as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field preferred.
- 15+ years’ construction industry experience related to project pursuits, including estimating, project management or business development required.
- Transportation-related construction expeirence highly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, including experience negotiation matters on behalf of the JV as they relate to cost, schedule & contract matters with owner, partners and subcontractors.
- In-depth understanding of contract procurement including design-build and P3 pursuit process for heavy civil infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading partnering and teaming agreements.
- Understanding of cost estimating practices, development and implementation.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment required.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.