Engagement Manager- Management Consulting
Requisition ID: 88982
Job Category: Consulting
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining , energy , and infrastructure , our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Looking to take the next step in your career and work with leading experts across various sectors? Join our Advisory team today! Hatch, a full-service consultancy, is currently seeking a highly motivated Sr Engagement Manager to join the Advisory group in Mississauga.
Our advisory and consulting experts work with our clients to help them meet their business, financial, and project objectives. As a Sr Engagement Manager, you will make an important contribution to the strategy, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
As The Successful Candidate, You Will
- Lead end-to-end engagements, delivering quantifiable impact (cost savings, improved KPI, etc.).
- Actively manage and lead SMEs in an engagement.
- Ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of projects, while providing quality assurance to ensure work is delivered to the highest possible standard.
- Supervise, coach and participate in value creation process across the team.
- Structure problems and define the workstreams to deliver impact.
- Respond to client concerns efficiently, proactively coaching clients in problem structuring and solving.
- Anticipate barriers to successful analysis and guide the team in resolving them.
- Develop growing client network and building effective relationships with new clients.
- Proactively engage key client stakeholders to update/manage expectations
- Take global best practices and customize for client context.
- Identify opportunities and invest time to coach team members
- Actively seek out opportunities to develop new solutions and services
- Be a champion of inclusion and diversity
- Assist with the project risk evaluations and management processes, including start up planning activities, holding workshops, assessments, and developing business philosophy and operational strategy.
You Bring To The Role
- 10+ years of management consulting or relevant industry experience
- Proven experience in mining, metals, energy or infrastructure projects.
- Solid functional knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Strategy, Transaction Support, Business Readiness & Transformation, Capital Productivity, Supply Chain, Asset & Maintenance Management, Organization Effectiveness, and Risk Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience, an MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree is advantageous
- Experience in managing and executing large-scale operational engagements
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and the ability to distill value during projects
- Proven client relationship management and business development skills
- Motivating and supportive leadership skills
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.