ES - Project Manager
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Manager, Project Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Issued: May 2022
Responsible to lead the project team to align all initiatives and activities to ensure projects are on time and within budget, meeting the company and the customer objectives. Manages and coordinates product and system orders, deliveries, installation, and operations beginning when an order is received through the time it is fully operational at client sites. Responsible to monitor all project progress and metrics including overseeing designated engineering, procurement, production, delivery, startup, and commissioning personnel for the respective projects.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle, setting project quality and performance standards, and assessing and managing risk within, and across, multiple projects.
- Proactively interpret plans, specifications, and contract documents to identify and develop project execution requirements.
- Work with the sales team to coordinate all quoting and submittal activities and provide a competitive difference by anticipating customer needs and responding to inquiries.
- Lead efforts to develop and/or improve policies, procedures, processes, and systems to effectively manage projects.
- Effectively manage customer and field service requirements of new and existing customers.
- Communicate outstanding service items to regional sales groups with updates on progress, resolution, and completion dates.
- Structure and manage integrated, multi-track project performance databases for multiple digital, print, social, broadcast, and experiential projects, with an eye on overall progress.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission and approval of submittal documents, including technical quality control of documents such as order details, submittal records, and change orders.
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with outside resources including third-party vendors and researchers.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed, escalating issues based on project work plans and objectives.
- Proactively coordinate with all departments to ensure timely execution of projects, maximization of profits, and effective use of Company resources.
- Set up logistics for pickup and shipment of major equipment projects from point of order award through equipment installation/start-up and customer remittance including coordinating on-site start-up and training of controls and equipment.
- Negotiate and act as a buyer for major equipment including A.S.M.E. pressure vessels, pumps, membranes, and other long lead time items.
- Communicate expectations, order status, and other relevant information to customers, other departments, and management in a timely and effective manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties And Responsibilities
- Upon project award, collect and organize all information related to the project including proposal files, order entry information, and e-mails including reading, understanding, and managing customer specifications, contracts, and commercial terms and conditions.
- Provide/gain technical expertise, e.g. process, mechanical, structural, electrical knowledge, etc. Be a resource in all aspects of executing projects.
- Actively participate in teams and work cross-functionally to promote a positive, results-oriented, and high-performing environment.
- Provide a single point of contact for clients after receipt of project orders.
- Mobilize engineering and support personnel and coordinate activities with sub-vendors.
- Some overnight travel is required.
- Responsible for performing duties in a safe manner and promoting safety to others in accordance with Newterra’s safety policies and procedures. This includes reporting all safety concerns, near-misses, and incidents to their Manager.
- Adhere to the company processes as detailed in Newterra’s online systems and programs and bring forward ideas for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for completing all assigned training applicable to your position in the applicable timeframe.
- Complete all responsibilities while ensuring adherence to Newterra’s Delegation of Authority.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering, or related industries.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in engineering, preferably in a manufacturing or water utilities environment.
- 3-5 years of project management experience.
- Proven track record of achieving measurable results.
- Competent in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Effective communicator and cross-functional collaborator.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in a fast-moving environment with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Capable of resolving conflict in a positive and effective manner.
- Detail oriented with the ability to creatively solve technical challenges and manage timelines.
- Passion for the wastewater industry.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Critical thinking/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Complex thinking and analysis required. Utilization of controls, and operation of machines or computers to support daily work activities. Accurate hand/eye coordination is required. Work involves considerable standing, stooping, bending, or sitting for long periods of time. May lift up to 25 pounds.
Works in an office environment and required to work or visit production sites and exposed to manufacturing elements such as loud noise, hazardous equipment, and materials. Company safety standards must be always followed.