Project Controls Director
Build Your Career at FCC Canada
FCC is an international reference in engineering and infrastructure. Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas (“FCC”), headquartered in Spain, is the parent company of one of the world’s leading infrastructure and citizen services groups. With more than a century of history, our business portfolio is highly diversified. FCC’s core businesses are construction, environmental services, end-to-end water management, and the development of concessions for large infrastructure.
FCC Construcción has been present in Canada for more than 25 years, involved in innovative subway infrastructure work, such as the Highway 407 stations and Northern Tunnels for the Toronto York Spadina Subway Line Expansion, as well as the construction, operation, and maintenance of the Fredericton Moncton Highway.
We are experiencing exponential growth in our presence in Canada. In 1998, it was awarded for the construction, operation, and maintenance project for the Fredericton-Moncton Highway. In 2011, it was awarded a section of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway extension, the first modern underground subway infrastructure project in the city. This project was completed in 2018.
FCC Construcción Canadá has won a new contract to deliver the Pape Tunnel and Underground Stations section of the Ontario Line, together with the GO Rail Expansion-On Corridor Project and the Scarborough Subway Extension Stations, Rail and Systems Project reinforces FCC Construcción’s presence in the Canadian market.
We are looking for an experienced Project Controls Director to join our FCC Canada team.
Reports to: Project Director
The Project Controls Director’s key responsibilities are:
- Developing and maintaining the project controls function of the Project Execution Plan.
- Leading and directing the project controls team by the Project Execution Plan.
- Managing estimates, schedules, and risks.
- Managing change control, cost control, and budgeting.
- Managing information systems and processes.
- Perform productivity analysis of operations and verify accuracy.
- Prepare required progress reports and dashboards to provide project status updates to all internal and external clients.
- Develop progress measurement process and analyze progress and performance data.
- Perform audits on various schedules including those produced by subcontractors and prepare all required output documents.
- Apply continuous improvement in the integration of schedules prepared by various partners and subcontractors to fully integrate and sequence all project activities.
- Collaborate with all cross-functional teams to maintain, add, or modify the schedule data and plans.
- Identify commercial/scheduling risks and develop mitigation measures to ensure timely and high-quality scheduling-related deliverables.
Education and Qualifications
- 15 years experience with at least 5 years of project control experience in a lead role on complex design-build or P3 major public transportation projects, ideally subways, throughout the project lifecycles.
- Education or certification related to project controls/ project management.
- Collaborative contracting experience, including the development of a target price, gain share/painshare mechanics, and efficient allocation of risk between parties.
- Proven experience and ability in scheduling and managing complex projects.
- Strong knowledge of the “Earned Value Management” principles.
- High-level knowledge of project scheduling software which may include Primavera P6 & TILOS
- Knowledge of SAP, Hard Dollar, PowerBI, Synchro, and other project scheduling software.
- Perform effectively in a fast-paced, start-up environment – comfortable to act with uncertainty and able to create new systems, policies, and procedures quickly and effectively with limited resources for quality and timely implementation.
- Able to work with and manage multiple stakeholders and staff in this environment.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
FCC Canada Ltd. is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture that promotes gender equity and the recruitment of all under-represented groups at all levels of its workforce.
This position is located in Toronto, ON.
We appreciate your interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition Team. We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes.