At Clark Builders, we build Exceptional Experiences! Our remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, work together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Watch our 'Our Purpose' video
Clark Builders is hiring a Project Manager. Working out of the Calgary office, the Project Manager will manage projects across all our regions of work. This role is highly accountable and responsible for all aspects associated with the successful execution and delivery of our projects safely, within budget, on time, and to the highest quality standards. You must have the highest respect for people, lead the implementation of measurable lean practices, and demonstrate a proven track record of achieving the successful delivery of the projects identified conditions of satisfaction.
Reporting to: Director, Operations or Project Executive
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Leads, Builds, and Develops Operations Talent and Cultural Management, supporting Clark Builders as the best place to learn, work, and thrive
- Leads and Ensures that all Operational standards and processes are achieved, ensuring operational efficiency, consistency & excellence are achieved
- Provide elevated client care and services to ensure highest value to clients
- Develop a strategy to Deliver and drive Results on the identified project performance goals and conditions of satisfaction
- Drive Innovation, Continuous Improvement, and a Lean Culture through best practices, training and development of all staff members
- Responsible for all aspects of project start up, including but not limited to, finalizing Prime Contract, conducting project startup meetings and prepare project execution plan, resource and staffing plans, and procurement management
- Project execution and document control responsibilities including Request for Information (RFI), Site Instructions (SI), Submittals, Change Requests (CRX), Change Orders (CO)
- Responsible for all aspects of financial management strategy
- Management of Safety, Quality Control and Communications plan
- Create and manage schedule
- Chair meetings, issue minutes and follow up on action items
- Track productivity and performance of the project
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Responsible for all aspects of project close out including training, inspections, turn over and warranty
- Support and grow ongoing sub-trade and client relationships
- Participate in project interviews
- Participate in Leadership development and training of project team
Skills And Knowledge
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Analytical thinker with ability to interpret complex information and recommend innovative solutions
- Capable of making complex, ambiguous and risk adverse decisions
- Proactive approach to prevention and resolution of conflicts
- Ability to identify, assess and mange risks while striving to meet objectives
- The ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Live Clark Builders CORE Values: Have a Can-Do Attitude, Respect Others, succeed as a Team, Lead with Courage and Deliver Results
- Bachelors' degree, diploma or 2-year certificate in a construction related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Project Manager, managing the construction of Commercial, Industrial, or Intuitional buildings
- Experience with various types of construction contracts
- Experience managing the entire construction process from startup to closeout on a variety of project sizes and complexities
- Understanding the principles of Lean thinking, collaborative planning, and continuous improvement
- Experience with Last Planner® System an asset
- Experience with Procore® Construction Management Software an asset
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salaries, vacation time and four personal days
- Flexible work arrangements
- "Summer Fridays" during July and August; all sites and offices close early
- Performance program, annual salary reviews and bonus opportunities
- Robust Employee Recognition Program "CLARK STARS" - an assortment of initiatives and rewards designed to highlight and celebrate our people's talent, efforts, and contributions to living Our Purpose
- Community involvement initiatives through the “Give Back” program, including donation matching, corporate donations and sponsorship, and support of employee volunteering
- Comprehensive health and benefits plan available from the first day of employment provided by Manulife - i.e. $750 per paramedical annual coverage limits
- Access to Manulife Vitality Group Benefits
- A Flexible Spending Account 100% funded by Clark Builders with an annual allocation amount of $500 which employees can allocate into Health Spending, Lifestyle Spending, or both.
- Ability to select from two benefit plan options (Core or Enhanced) through Manulife
- Holistic Wellness Benefits Program including six sick days, as well as access to Inkblot Therapy, a virtual mental health platform. Care is provided by highly experienced professionals across Canada through secure video or phone counseling offered at half the cost
- Employer RRSP matching up to 4% annually (max $4,000)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP) with 24/7 short term counselling services and wellness services, accessible through Inkblot. No cost to employee, with access by phone, web or mobile app
- Opportunity for all employees of the Clark Builders Group of Companies to own a part of the business that they work for through the Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Professional Development program; Clark Builders will pay 50% of approved training at enrollment and remaining balance after completion
- On-demand courses for Professional Development available on our Clark Builders University and Turner University platforms
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that foster a diverse and inclusive workplace – i.e. Mosaic ERG, Women's ERG, and Indigenous ERG
- Opportunity to connect with coworkers during events like BBQ's, site lunches, family ski night, etc.
- Employee Referral Program - earn a cash bonus if the candidate you refer passes 90-day probationary period
Apply now for your exceptional career opportunity!
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national or ethnic origin or any other factors prohibited by law.
The Clark Builders Group of Companies (CBGOC) is aware of individuals claiming to represent Clark Builders to international job seekers. We have documented false offers of employment and fraudulent interview requests that have been made without the knowledge or approval of the CBGOC. These activities constitute recruitment fraud and the intent is to extract money from applicants in return for the fraudulent interview, employment offer or work visa.
For clarification, the CBGOC never contacts job seekers with unsolicited offers. We also never require payment for any reason upon acceptance of an offer of employment, nor do we request personal information from any individual prior to their acceptance of a formal offer of employment.
We strongly encourage all individuals to carefully scrutinize all recruitment communication and to not respond to unsolicited job offers. CBGOC asks that individuals report any suspicious or fraudulent activity to the proper authorities.