Mueller Water Products is Where Intelligence Meets Infrastructure®
Mueller Water Products, Inc. (www.muellerwaterproducts.com) is a leading manufacturer and marketer of products and services used in the transmission, distribution and measurement of water in North America & around the globe. Our broad product and service portfolio includes engineered valves, fire hydrants, pipe connection and repair products, metering products, leak detection, and pipe condition assessment. We help municipalities increase operational efficiencies, improve customer service and prioritize capital spending, demonstrating why Mueller Water Products is Where Intelligence Meets Infrastructure®.
Mueller Water Products brands include Mueller®, Echologics®, Hydro Gate®, Hydro-Guard®, HYMAX®, Jones®, Krausz®, Mi.Net®, Milliken®, Pratt®, Pratt Industrial®, Singer®, and U.S. Pipe Valve & Hydrant.
We are currently searching for a Project Manager to join our Toronto based team. The Project Manager will manage leak detection and condition assessment projects for water pipelines. This role will be instrumental in successfully applying project management best practices to manage our rapidly growing volume of work. The successful candidate will lead a broad range of projects within Canada, US and internationally.
This is a role requires project management, team building and technical experience in engineering or underground infrastructure industries. The Project Manager will lead project teams of engineers, technicians, and subcontractors to deliver large scale projects, strengthen delivery standards and prevent and solve issues related to customer, site and technical aspects. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining productive and positive relationships with key internal and external partners and stakeholders, including customers, project team members, the sales team, and the Project Management team. Developing strong working relationships with our key customers is also critical to the success of this role.
- Project management - initiate, plan, execute, monitor progress, and close projects within predefined time, cost and scope
- Develop and manage project scope, reduce risk, monitor project budget, costs and margins to meet targets
- Oversee and perform leak detection surveys of distribution water mains and transmission main leak detection studies
- Oversee and execute Leak Detection and Condition assessment projects which includes a mix of planning, field testing, reporting, client management, and project management
- Communicate with management on budget and costing to ensure projects are cost managed effectively
- Client management and ensuring excellent customer service
- Trouble shoot problems from customer, site, technical and people management perspectives
- Administrative duties such as scheduling, forecasting, time tracking, expense tracking, purchasing, and project documentation
- Utilize Project Management tools such as MS Project, or templates as needed
- Manage the day-to-day flow of work for handling complex projects, such as
- Tracking project status
- Develop risk management and mitigation plans
- Formulate problem resolutions and corrective plans as necessary in order to achieve project milestones
- Conduct quality control reviews on deliverables
- Engage and negotiate with new vendors for projects (traffic control, pothole creation, outside tech support, etc.)
- Educate clients in formal and informal presentations to drive and support sales
- Provide training to customers for various products and services
- Deal professionally with staff, customers, external contractors and other industry contacts
- Manage programs consisting of multiple projects for key accounts
- Work in compliance with all health and safety and environmental legislation including, but not limited to, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and Echologics’ Policies, Procedures and MWP Code of Conduct
- Being accountable for the health and safety of his/her employees and actively promote health and safety to his/her employees. This includes, but is not limited to: ensuring employees receive appropriate safety training; conducting incident investigations; correcting substandard acts or conditions; commending employee health and safety performance; performing safety observations; conducting safety meetings
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Applied Science or project management certification
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and techniques
- 4+ years of project management, team lead, and technical experience in engineering or underground infrastructure industries
- At least two years of work experience with a client-centric role in engineering services within the water industry focused on managing projects
- Experience leading project teams deliver customer projects
- Familiarity with leak detection and condition assessment technology would be considered an asset
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Interpersonal, communications and negotiating skills to build positive relationships and resolve issues with supporting groups and individuals and external contacts
- Ability to handle many complex and rapidly changing tasks in parallel
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
This role is a hybrid role with a mixture of in office, remote and field based work. Expected Travel: Up to 25%
Mueller is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, for candidates participating in the recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.