Project Manager, Wood-Frame
About The Company
Axiom Builders is a leading construction partner for many major developers in both residential and commercial construction. With over 5 million square feet under construction in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Seattle, we’ve become one of the western region’s most eminent builders.
Our highly skilled team of over 500 diverse construction professionals are dedicated to meeting our client’s expectations with the goal of becoming an extension of their project team. Together, we execute thoughtful community-centric projects. From iconic residential towers, noteworthy rental developments, LEED Gold office buildings, and purpose-built tenant improvements, our team knows their stuff! We’re proud to have made the Kincentric Best Employers list in 2021 and 2022, and to have representation on the 40 Under 40 in Canadian Construction list.
Our expertise, determination and straightforward approach are derived from our values – Accountability, Autonomy, Excellence, Humility, and Respect. The result: a quality product that’s built right – the first time.
About The Role
Axiom Builders is actively seeking two highly skilled Project Managers to assume integral roles in our field operations and leadership team, dedicated to facilitating the flawless execution of construction projects. In these roles, you will have the opportunity to lead and take accountability for project performance, overseeing critical facets such as cost management, schedule adherence, quality assurance, and project progress monitoring. Our diverse project portfolio is marked by several noteworthy endeavors, including a 6-storey residential wood frame development nestled in the vibrant heart of Vancouver and also located in Vancouver, and the approval of the first master plan community in Port Moody since 2004.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- Develop and manage project scope, schedule, costs and objectives, involve all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility;
- Work in partnership with our project accounting team to submit all progress claims, provide forecasts, cost to complete, invoice reviews and cost management;
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with vendors, third party contacts, consultants, engineers and subtrade partners by always communicating professionally and effectively;
- Ensure efficiency, quality, technical competence and fair management of trades and suppliers;
- Contract negotiations and management with our trades, updating the established construction schedule, preparing change order management, and preparing progress draws;
- Coordinate and maintain comprehensive project documentation in a detail-oriented manner;
- Track procurement of equipment and material and report on delivery dates that may impact project schedule;
- Review Site Instructions in collaboration with Project Coordination team, communicate key elements to Site Superintendents and Project Managers;
- Collaborate with Trade Partners to ensure fair Change Order pricing is provided in timely manner;
- Guide Project Coordinator team by answering questions and overseeing quality and accuracy of tasks completed.
What You Bring
The ideal candidate is organized, trainable and have a strong business acumen - always excited to learn new things from veterans in the business. All three projects are in early stages, giving you the opportunity to celebrate and take ownership of the project successes from the beginning to the very end. One of your defining characteristics is commitment and dedication - you are proud of the work that you deliver, and you share the same core values as we do: honesty, integrity, respect, and accountability.
Skills and Experience
- At least three to five (3-5) years of experience working on-site, contributing to new build mixed-use concrete, woodframe, or high-rise projects as part of a general contractor;
- Proficiency in Procore, MS Project and other construction related software will be considered an asset;
- Post-secondary education in Building Technology, Construction Management, Accounting or similar field will be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal, professional, and business communication skills to interact with external and internal stakeholders;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines;
- Willing and excited to work on site and be a part of the action;
- Academic experience or professional exposure to Design or VCON will be considered an asset.
We’re committed to the success and development of our people, and recognize that they are the drivers behind our success. We provide our teams with the tools and support they need to strive, thrive, and advance their long-term career here.
The base salary range for this role may be $100,000 to $140,000, depending on experience, plus a competitive project-based bonus program. During the interview process, let’s talk to get the right fit for your experience level.
In Addition, Our Total Rewards Package Offers
- Benefits & Perks | 100% health/dental coverage, 5% off presales, 8% off rentals, and lots more
- RRSP Matching | 5% match on your RRSP contributions
- Compensation | Competitive salaries with annual market analysis
- Unique Projects | 40+ projects in motion, from skyline-changers to bespoke sales centres
- Career Growth | Twice per year we level-up with our Performance Feedback Program
- Learning & Development | 15 offerings from our dedicated L&D team
- The People | Dozens of fun events to bring us together, from topping-off parties to family BBQs
- Giving Back | 1000+ volunteer hours since launch of our Comm unity Engagement program
- Leadership | 12 down-to-earth execs to learn the ropes from
What’s Next: How to Apply
Want to love what you do? We’re always looking for talented people who fit our culture and are passionate about what they do. Here are three easy ways to apply:
- Click ‘apply’ on this page
- Add your resume via our Careers Portal
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Axiom Builders! While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file for future opportunities.
Follow us on LinkedIn to connect with our Talent Acquisition team and Instagram to see updates on our current projects.