Senior Engineer, Mine Planning & Analysis
Senior Engineer, Mine Planning & Analysis
The Senior Engineer manages mine planning and production data from the mine operation(s) in support of the execution of the corporate operations planning process, performance management analyses, and continuous improvements within the Corporate Technical Services team.
Torex Gold Resources Inc. is an intermediate gold producer engaged in the exploration, development, and operation of our wholly owned Morelos Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. The Company is based in Canada, with our Corporate Office located in Toronto, Ontario. Torex is currently the second-largest gold producer in Mexico.
The Company’s mining asset is the Morelos Complex, which includes the El Limón Guajes (“ELG”) Mining Complex, the Media Luna Project, a processing plant, and related infrastructure. Commercial production from the ELG Mining Complex began in April 2016, and the Company’s Media Luna project, located 7 kilometers south of the ELG Complex, is currently under construction with commercial production expected to begin in 2025.
Torex’s key strategic objectives are to extend and optimize production from the ELG Mining Complex, de-risk and advance the Media Luna Project to commercial production, build on ESG excellence, and grow organically through ongoing exploration across the entire Morelos Property and through potential value accretive M&A.
Torex has built a unique culture based on our core values that guide our behavior at all levels of the organization. When you join the Company, you become part of a high-performance team that commits to working together in good faith, listening to each other, and willingly giving our best every single day.
- Skilled at organizing and simplifying mine planning information to inform decision-making.
- Skilled at influencing diverse stakeholders at diverse levels within the organization.
- Working knowledge of mine operations accounting (production, revenue, operating cost structure, reserves and resources, and capital expenditures).
- Demonstrated skills in designing and improving work systems to eliminate waste and increase productivity.
- Proficiency in the Spanish language is an asset, but not required.
- Strong mine planning and analysis background.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in Mine Planning. P. Eng preferred or eligible. 5+ years of industry experience, preferably in both open pit and underground operations.
- Experience in building and working with planning scenario models and systems and adapting and developing such as business drivers change.
- University degree in Mine Engineering, Applied Sciences, or similar.
Corporate Operations Planning:
- Manage the analysis of submitted periodic mine planning physicals, encompassing the budget, quarterly forecasts, and monthly estimates.
- Play a key role in the delivery of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, including examining operational assumptions, managing the planning calendar, participating in monthly/quarterly reviews of the plans with site technical services, updating the consolidated mill feed plan, and reporting.
- Support the development of a 24-month rolling Mine Production Forecast routine governance.
- Ensure line of sight of the Mine Production Forecast against the Life of Mine (LOM) plan.
- Ensure the LOM planning model is accurate and representative, provide the necessary support to key users and review from time to time to incorporate industry best practices.
- Develop Ad Hoc planning scenarios based on requests from the VP or other stakeholders in the Corporation.
Performance Management Analysis:
- Follows the monthly Production reporting calendar and manages deliverables by keeping stakeholders accountable. Maintain strong relations with site operations.
- Prepare the monthly performance management and flash reports for the EVP that compare key budgets, and forecast metrics against the actuals, and provide business-driven commentary.
- Challenge the status quo and bring a continuous improvement mindset to monthly reporting.
- Expected to stay current on business performance and inform the VP/EVP of potential risks in delivering the company’s Guidance based on scenario analysis.
- Manage the document control associated with site submissions and approvals.
- Manage a detailed database of operational performance, for validation of assumptions for future operations.
- Develops and maintains a benchmark database of peer operations, researching and compiling publicly available data and operational information.
Continuous Improvement and Other:
- Continuously improve the integrated mine planning processes for Corporate and Site.
- Participate in the development of mine planning policies for Corporate and Site.
Please note that Torex Gold does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies without a created agreement in place for permanent/contract placements.
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.