KAPP Infrastructure (Vaughan) is a Canadian Contractor with more than 35 years of experience in infrastructure construction projects. We deliver marquee projects in key markets including watermain, underground works, large bridges, mass transit and other major civil works. Work in these markets is delivered in all geographic areas throughout Ontario and should be thought to include not only traditional project delivery, but all alternative modes such as DB, DBF, P3 and ECI. We are conveniently located in Vaughan close to the 407 and 427 directly off Highway 50.
We are seeking a Senior Estimator to join our construction team. As a senior estimator, you will be responsible for calculating major cost estimates, and you will be involved in the planning, development, negotiation, and contract execution of a project on the Building and Municipal side. You will perform a cost analysis, determine the duration of a project, procure vendors and subcontractors, and ensure that resources are managed, and deadlines are met. This individual will work collaboratively to deliver properly organized estimates, budgets and schedules as well as tracking for a wide range of projects including heavy civil, environmental remediation, floats, road works and underground construction.
Here is what you will focus on:
- Calculating major construction cost estimates
- Work with KAPP personnel on preparing estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling project work.
- Managing the estimation team at KAPP including managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Determining the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labor for construction projects.
- Estimate preparation for public and private projects including quantity takeoffs and written technical proposals (HeavyBid software)
- Researching construction documents and analyzing specifications.
- Preparing estimates to meet project goals, such as setting work hours, sequencing tasks, obtaining materials, and securing the best deals with vendors an subcontractors.
- Ensuring the relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Regularly reporting to management and keeping clients updated on the project status.
- Formulating contingency plans and effectively managing risks that might impact cost and time estimates.
- Keeping track of the latest estimating technology and industry-related techniques.
- Collaborating with other teams, conducting site visits, and providing other services such as bid deliveries, when required.
- Participates in KAPP continuous improvement projects
- Participate in company and project safety programs and initiatives, and monitor/ensure compliance for safety requirements.
- Adheres to KAPP Infrastructures Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Fairness and Loyalty
- Performs other duties as required
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering
- Over 8 years of extensive experience as a Senior Estimator, Chief Estimator or Estimating Manager in the construction field
- Experience in heavy civil work with particular experience in earthwork, roadwork, bridges and underground, building and municipal.
- Experience pursuing infrastructure projects from $10-400M
- Experience with HCSS computer programs such as Heavybid or paydirt is required
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Brilliant management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent research, proposal writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of best industry practices and standards.
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to travel and perform site visits.
- Ability to work flexible hours when required.
What you can expect from us:
· A great work experience.
· A competitive salary and advantageous bonus plan.
· An environment that focuses on Kapp’s Core Values, Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Fairness and Loyalty.
· We promote a collaborative environment where you will be challenged to learn and do.
· We promote team spirit.
· Industry and project required safety training.
· A focus on safety, health and wellness including onsite company paid daily lunch.