Senior Estimator (Civil)
Job ID: 17505
Reporting to the Regional Director, The Senior Estimator (Civil) is responsible for managing the Quebec estimation group. The Quebec estimation group is responsible to track and estimate all selected opportunities in the province of Quebec and is involved in the Major Projects pursuits across Canada.
Primary / Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Overseeing a team of estimators
- Tracking bids opportunities
- Participating in pre-bid meetings to analyze the opportunities.
- Analyzes tender documents, plans, specs, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labour estimates.
- Manages accurate quantity surveys and take-offs as required.
- Manages detailed material lists based on the tender documents and specs and forwards to Material Manager for pricing.
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from prior estimates, purchase agreements and subcontracts in order to gain information for current bids.
- Develops scope of work for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Manages subcontractor/vendor solicitation for pricing.
- Manages analysis and evaluation of bids from subcontractors for their completeness and accuracy in scope of work.
- Leads bid review process.
- Organizes submission and coordinates for bid day with other staff involved in the estimating process.
- Ensures compliance with the tender documents/requirements.
- Ensures all general conditions of the tender document are met i.e. insurance/bonding/special requirements.
- Liaises with the management for strategic estimate approach and feedback on estimates.
- Have initial construction schedule and cash flow forecast created.
- Prepares and presents project turn over package upon award of contract.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School graduation plus post-secondary training in a relevant field. Engineering degree is an asset.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience preferably gained in the construction or railway industry including exposure to major projects.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency in reviewing contract documents in both French and English languages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both French and English languages.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities, and to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency utilizing common business and estimating applications such as Microsoft Office products, Hard Dollar, Explorer or JD Edwards software.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- This is full-time office position.
- Work from home possible when compatible with the deliverables and when authorized by manager.
- Occasional weekend or night work may be required as part of complex closing processes.
- Occasional exposure to outdoor construction sites may be required.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.