The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. PCL is Canada's largest general contractor, regularly named one of North America's Best Managed Companies.
You could be part of a company that is 100% employee-owned, and that is expanding in Montreal and the Quebec market.
Here's how a Senior Estimator for our Montreal office contributes to our team:
- Conducts detailed analysis of contract documents (isometric, as-built, and engineering drawings) and specifications for large hard-bid / lump sum, construction management and small to medium design build projects to determine overall project requirements (bonding, insurance, etc.).
- Establishes a critical path schedule including milestone dates and completion timelines to meet contract completion dates for large projects.
- Completes full quantity take-off of all labor, equipment, and materials for larger scopes.
- Leads pricing the general expense and project-specific general requirements for medium to large projects (lump sum and construction management).
- Completes as-bid estimate and trade buy-out strategy with operations team.
- Assists in presenting estimate/proposal and prepares and delivers client presentations.
- Performs quantity, material, and labor take-off from drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Documents all information relating to the estimate and archives and organizes such information to transfer to the project team upon successful award.
- Conducts a risk and opportunity analysis for review by chief estimator to add into risk register.
- Liaises with external consultants and project management organizations to estimate project budget requirements and coordinates tender development process on behalf of clients.
- Monitors client project-specific success criteria (CPSSC); specifically understands owners' business, requirements, revenue generation, and provides solutions. Holds team accountable and challenges team and project to find creative solutions for overall project benefit.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or Trade experience or equivalent.
- 12 years of progressive experience in construction cost estimating with 12 months of onsite experience preferred.
- Successfully led pursuits valued up to $250 million in delivery model hard bid/lump sum, construction management/cost reimbursable/target price and/or design build.
- Experience with self-perform estimate and productivity understanding.
- Knowledge and understanding of different construction methods, planning, scheduling, sequencing, potential problems, and timelines and is a district champion in these matters.
- Extensive knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take-off procedures, trade contractor procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures.
- Expert in understanding and teaching contract terms for various delivery models and able to identify contract risks and opportunity.
- Understands different bid processes and contract delivery type methods: Hard bid/lump sum, guaranteed maximum price (GMP), unit price, design-build, target prices and construction management/cost reimbursable.
- Ability to lead successful teams.
- Resourceful and self-motivated with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with owners, peers and industry representatives, and leverage the industry relationships for a competitive advantage.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
Employee Status: Regular Full-Time
Company: Construction PCL Inc.
Primary Location: Montréal, Quebec
Job: Senior Estimator