Senior Project Manager
Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 75 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
Here at Morrison Hershfield, we are committed to providing flexible work arrangements, to assist employees in fulfilling their multiple responsibilities at work, at home and in the community. Flexible work arrangements provide additional options for work schedules and locations. As we focus on project delivery, clients and staff, we have several working options available for working at Morrison Hershfield.
Morrison Hershfield’s Horizontal Infrastructure (HI) Business Unit has developed some of the Canadian market’s most notable infrastructure projects and we are highly committed to delivering outstanding quality while meeting our clients’ needs. Our team of Planners, Engineers and Contract Administrators deliver infrastructure solutions that drive economic growth and social prosperity.
Our group offers a positive customer experience across all regions of Canada, from project inception, design development and through to construction completion. Our national HI group is comprised of engineers, technicians and support personnel with their diverse backgrounds in design and construction, committed to delivering excellent technical work and customer service to our clients. This national team has earned an exceptional reputation through its successful delivery of multidisciplinary infrastructure projects in Canada.
- Act as project manager, structural lead and designer for engineering assignments
- Attend site visits related to pre-design information gathering, construction and post-construction review
- Coordinate work with clients and other disciplines including highway/road, electrical, drainage and environmental planning
- Analyze, evaluate appropriate design solutions and design of transportation structures including bridges, culverts, retaining walls and foundations
- Provide direction to project team members and support staff through verbal and written instructions
- Direct CAD team for drawing preparation and review deliverables prior to submission to client
- Conduct business development activities to secure new projects by client liaison and proposal preparation
- Prepare and review technical reports, tender documents and cost estimate
- Provide tender evaluations and/or construction engineering services
- Work within assigned project budgets and schedules
- Business development and proposal preparation
- Supervise and mentor staff with regards to project work
- B.ASc. or B.Eng. in civil/structural engineering, with strong interest and experience in bridge engineering
- P.Eng. and 10+ years' experience in leading large transportation structures projects
- Interest in working both in the office and the field environment
- Experience in project management
- Ability to perform outdoor physical duties while doing bridge inspection work
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- Strong computer skills, including experience with SAP2000, CSiBridge, SFRAME
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to work in a team environment and excel in both bridge and multi-disciplined projects
- Proven ability to supervise, direct and mentor staff
- Demonstrated interest in business development activates and preparation of proposals
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to direct a team and mentor technical development of others
- Works well with minimal direct supervision
Job Profile: For internal use
Transportation Structural Engineering V
Morrison Hershfield is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Attention Staffing & Recruitment Agencies: Morrison Hershfield will not pay fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring of a candidate unless a written service agreement has been established between a duly authorized representative of our Corporate Human Resources department and the recruitment/placement firm. In addition, in order to qualify for recruitment fees, all candidate resumes must be submitted to Morrison Hershfield through our Corporate Human Resources department. Resumes and profiles sent to our managers without the express agreement of our Corporate Human Resources department will not be eligible for a fee.