Senior Project Manager, Construction (Internal Title: Senior Project Director)
Where Greatness Grows
The greatest achievements in history are borne from the greatness within people – where human potential meets vision, and passion fuels evolution. Unlocking this potential is the most important thing we do at Bird.
As a leader in Canadian construction for over 100 years, the impact of our team is etched deeply within the core of our legacy. Beyond Bird, this impact is felt in the fundamental aspects of our everyday lives. From the critical infrastructure we depend on, to the energy and resources that keep us moving - we are powering our communities and shaping Canada’s skylines coast-to-coast. Entrenched in the foundation of a culture built more than a century ago is an enduring quest to reimagine what is possible. Our impact is greater than ever, and we are looking for those who seek to redefine their story.
We are a dynamic team of over 5,000 with a range of professions, backgrounds, and areas of expertise. This breadth of diversity in people and opportunities is one of greatest aspects of building your career with Bird. Every trajectory looks different. At Bird, you hold the pen, and you write your story. As you unlock your potential, you are surrounded by a team that supports you every step of the way.
Be a part of our team, where we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and the way we treat each other and our partners. You will build a career and long-lasting relationships based on respect, collaboration, and a solution-focused mindset. Bird is a place where you will unlock your potential and achieve your goals.
Company: Bird Construction Group Limited
400, 5700 Explorer Drive, Ontario L4W 0C6
NOC: 70010 – Construction Manager
Wage: Starting at CAD $250,000
Location(s) of work: #300-13777 Commerce Parkway, Richmond, BC V6V 2X3
Number of Positions: One (1)
Required Language Skills: English (spoken and written)
- Develop, manage, and maintain new and existing client, consultant, and trade relationships.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget.
- Actively pursue and obtain new projects for Bird that fit division marketing plan and business model.
- Overseeing large projects in excess of $500M.
- Lead the development of a project strategy that secures the project, and meets or exceeds the project’s required performance, schedule, and profitability targets.
- Confirm that estimate/cost plan incorporates value for the owner, accommodates the consultant’s design intent and the targeted profitability.
- Conduct the negotiation and oversee the preparation and execution of the prime contract.
- Ensure project health, safety and environmental standards meet or exceed legislated requirements and company policy.
- Know project critical issues at all times and ensure the project team has followed up to address issues to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Assume the overall day to day project management responsibility for at least one major project within the region.
- Conduct performance plans and assessments with direct reports.
- 10 years’ experience in a management leadership role in a construction company
- Required experience in hospital buildings and other large complex projects
- Track record of successful commercial project management of large, complex, healthcare construction projects in excess of $500M
- Deep expertise and proven track record with respect to the continuous improvement project delivery services and value-added constructability process and practice
- Experience in gaining major bids with joint venture partners, with proven management of successful infrastructure and construction bids
- A minimum of a college level diploma/certificate in construction or a related field.
- Benefits are offered through the company’s benefits plan
How To Apply
Please send your resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Carina Yuan
Coordinator, People & Culture
We Put Safety First
A healthy and safe work environment is non-negotiable. We build a culture of operational and psychological safety through engagement, learning and leadership.
We Lead With Honesty
We speak and act with integrity, clarity and care so people can trust our word and our work. Being honest means we can deliver the best outcomes and consistent results.
We Are Stronger Together
Success is a team effort. Our inclusive workplace enables our combined expertise, humility and creativity to unlock our greater potential.
We Are Driven To Do Great Work
We built our name on quality. We have a passion for excellence in our work and relationships that honours our businesses and our industry.
We Create Opportunity
Rooted in a solid foundation, we adapt and grow to face the future. We are committed to elevating each other to chart the best path forward in an evolving world.