Site Director, Transit Electronics
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Who will you be working with?
Wabtec’s Bach-Simpson division is the lead Event Recorder OEM in the North American Transit market. It designs, develops, and maintains an array of electronic systems and Automated Test Equipment for passenger and freight rail markets.
How will you make a difference?
As a member of Bach-Simpson and Wabtec’s Core Electronics Group, you will be responsible for the management and coordination of a management team of 6 that includes Product Line, Engineering, Production and Quality Managers to handle all aspects of the product life cycle. This position utilizes technical, organization and communication skills to define operational framework and ensure compliance with it. Coordinates overall site operational management activities and interfaces with all necessary other functional areas to ensure successful operation and growth of the business.
What do we want to know about you? Basic Qualifications:
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering and business administration.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in an Engineering, Product Management, or similar management role.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of core electronics products including Event Recorders, Speed Indicators, controllers and Automated Test Equipment.
- Proven experience interfacing with customers in a business development role.
- Experience in generating budgets, forecasts and strategic plans, as well as developing product roadmaps.
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills. Communicates in a clear and concise manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans.
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of an organization.
What will your typical day look like?
- Manage day-to-day execution of a $10M plus business portfolio that employs 55 employees to meet objectives.
- Define overall product life cycle for Event Recorder OEM.
- Outline multi-generational product strategy aligned to deliver overall growth of the portfolio.
- Define roles and responsibilities between key organizational interfaces including. Engineering, Operations, Program Management, Services, Finance, Customer Service and others as necessary.
- Define product roadmaps and make prioritization decisions among competing developments with limited resources.
- Serve as product focal point for business development activities including pricing, proposal preparation, sales interfaces, customer interaction and marketing initiatives.
- Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required.
- Provide regular portfolio status updates to leadership.
- Lead the strategic planning effort for assigned products.
- Define and drive adoption of necessary software tools to support business operations.
- Ensure necessary resources are engaged to drive closure of any product quality issues.
- Coach team members and provide feedback on their performance and improvement opportunities.
- Drive improvement initiatives and incorporate latest industry trends.
- Monitor monthly financial performance of assigned products and drive necessary actions to achieve both top line and bottom-line goals.
- Develop customer specific strategies, along with sales, to capture incremental business.
- Generate new product ideas to expand the product portfolio and drive growth.
- Must be willing to travel to customer site as required (10-20% of time).
- Able to travel to the USA or abroad for business trips.
Wabtec offers a comprehensive benefits plan including vacation, health, dental, and retirement.
Relocation assistance may be provided if eligibility requirements are met.
Wabtec will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Canada for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.