Technical Training Specialist
Technical Training Specialist
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. Join our Technical Training team and be part of a collaborative and empowering work environment that values your expertise and contributions.
Here's how an Technical Training Specialist for our Edmonton NAHQ office contributes to our team:
- Applies adult learning methodologies to deliver or co-facilitate technical courses and workshops.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and instructional designers to design, develop, and update courses.
- Assesses the needs of the participants/learners and adjusts instructional strategies.
- Contributes to standardizing, streamlining, and enhancing the technical training program at PCL.
- Administers online courses, assessments, case studies, and evaluations.
- Responds to inquiries from stakeholders (learners, SMEs, IDs, facilitators, HRPD) on technical curriculum, course contents, and case studies; writes reports, and new course business cases.
- Researches best practices, advancements, and trends in the construction industry, and identifies opportunities for incorporating them in the training program.
- Identifies needs for new course development and works with relevant stakeholders to maintain and update existing courses.
- Supports District offices in developing training plans, scheduling courses, and delivering training.
- Promotes PCL’s learning and collaborative culture.
- Degree or diploma in engineering, project management or related field.
- 5-7 years of project or field experience in construction industry.
- Experience in developing courses, teaching, conducting training or facilitation.
- Thorough understanding of construction and project management process, best practices, and relevant technical competencies.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, standards, guidelines related to engineering and construction practice.
- Professional designation such as PEng, PMP, CET, GSC, CPC would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Willing to travel within North America.
- Proficiency in French would be considered an asset.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. Any salary range displayed by a job board is an estimate. Your salary, which considers your unique qualifications and experience, is just one component of the robust total rewards you'll enjoy at PCL. This may include an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching, and career development programs.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
Employee Status: Regular Full-Time
Company: PCL Constructors Inc.
Primary Location: Edmonton, Alberta (Corporate)
Job: Technical Training Specialist