Vice President, Project Management Office
Type of position: Regular
Your future role on our team
Join BBA and make the most of your experience by actively contributing to the expansion our Project Management Office (PMO). You’ll be reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and will be using your leadership skills every day, whether it’s to built and manage a passionate team, develop trusting relationships with our partners or train the next generation. You’ll be leading strategic planning activities and developing, implementing and overseeing the PMO standard across the firm.
Your main responsibilities will be to establish the BBA project governance structure. You’ll lead quantitative and qualitative analyses in collaboration with business stakeholders to suggest improvement using your strong business acumen, strategic thinking and exceptional communication skills. Also, you’ll centralize information and deliver reports to stakeholders, ensuring effective PMO governance.
An Overview Of Your Mandates And Responsibilities
- Lead a group of more than 40 people across Canada who are dedicated to managing and controlling mid- to large-size projects, including construction management.
- Oversee proposal processes for large bids across all markets.
- Standardize project-related governance processes and facilitate the sharing of resources, methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Support the career development of project managers and other project delivery staff involved in major projects.
- Lead the prioritization of our PMO and strategic priorities by developing a framework and process to facilitate alignment and decision making across the firm.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to articulate PMO strategic objectives, goals, initiatives and KPIs.
- Develop corporate scorecards and frameworks to monitor and measure progress against our strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage timelines, stakeholders and deliverables to support the execution of major projects and quarterly business reviews.
- Develop key corporate PMO deliverables, including board materials and executive presentations.
- Establish, develop and lead the ongoing improvement and implementation of BBA’s PMO best practices to achieve business goals and support OPEX and CAPEX, based on project scopes and types.
- Conduct market and data research to evaluate emerging strategic opportunities and perform competitive analyses and benchmarking.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders across the organization to translate opportunities into defined business strategies and recommendations.
Do your qualities and values match our corporate culture?
- Engaging leadership with a recognized ability to influence
- Ability to work under pressure while knowing how to delegate and manage priorities
- Collaborative approach at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work in a team environment and to be open-minded and innovative
- Good adaptability and tolerance for ambiguity
- Excellent risk management
- Strong leadership and communication skills in your work with senior executives across various geographies
- Proficient in project management, problem solving and spoken and written communication.
- A strategic thinker and fast learner with strong business acumen
- A passion for building new capabilities and functions from the ground up.
Overview Of Certifications And Job Requirements
- University degree in engineering, business, science or a combination of education and relevant experience
- At least 15 years of relevant PMO experience, including at least 5 years of experience leading and building teams, from strategy through to operational execution
- At least 10 years of experience working for an engineering firm
- A high level of emotional intelligence, influencing skills and communication skills to encourage collaboration with a variety of key stakeholders
- A track record of strong leadership across various Canadian regions
- A strategic thinker and fast learner with a strong business acumen
- Strong operational and analytical abilities
- Excellent knowledge and ease with analytical tools and data conceptsAsset: Fluently bilingual (English and French).
At BBA, You Get Many Benefits
- An opportunity to mentor our next generation: We invest in our people and help them develop
- A corporate culture that values expertise
- Participation in innovation projects
- Promotion of our experts (SMEs), both externally and internally
- Flexible schedule that combines office presence and working from home
- A caring environment where everyone’s ideas are listened to and there is no perception of hierarchy
- Friendly, eco-mindful and high-tech workspaces
- Access to a profit-sharing program for all regular employees
- Committees involved in important causes: diversity, social commitment, etc.
- A crowing business with many opportunities
- A generous pension and insurance plan
- An inclusive culture that values diversity, respect and openness
- On site and at the office: Health, safety and the environment are a priority.
For over 40 years, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of engineering to serve our clients in the Energy and Natural Resources sector. At BBA, we develop innovative, flexible and sustainable solutions, from strategy to execution.
BBA is one of Canada’s leading private consulting engineering firms, focused on practice (PCB), with a network of 15 offices. Our teams work closely to deliver projects that shape tomorrow’s industry at the local, national and international levels.
Our people’s passion and excellence make BBA a Canada’s Best Employer and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies .
We have unique talents, and we’re committed to providing a workplace where you can be yourself . Job postings are written in gender-neutral language.
Learn more about us by visiting our LinkedIn page and join the networks of our talent attraction specialists to speak with them directly.